PermeGear In-Line Cells may be thought of as a flow type Franz Cell with a very small receptor volume. In-Line Cells locate the membrane of interest in the horizontal plane and have donor chambers open to the air although occluded donor chambers are available.
In-Line Cells are flow cells available in orifice diameters from 5mm to 15mm which were designed to replace the Bronaugh Cell. They are made from the plastic Kel-F which is the 3M product or Neoflon which is the Daikin product. (This material can be purchased from the Plastic Profiles division of Central Plastics.) In-Line Cells have a unique clamping system which features user preset, repeatable, secure clamping of tissue or membranes. Clamping is achieved with a stainless steel spring that applies pressure preset by the user to the upper surface of the donor compartment for leakproof clamping. The cell design locates the orifice diameters within .1mm of each other. HPLC connectors are used to connect the cells to 1/16 ID tubing. Stirring effects within the cells are easily checked with our unique Twin-Flow Conversion System.
Series I In-Line Cells and Components – “xx” denotes orifice diameter.
- #1K001-XX In-Line Cell 5mm-12mm
- #1K001-XX-VD In-Line Cell w volatile compound donor chamber
- #1KM01-XX In-Line Cell 5mm-12mm with interchangeable membrane support
- #1KMM1-XX Squier In-Line Mucosal Cell
- #1K201-XX Dual-Flow In-Line Cell 5mm-12mm
Series I In-line Cell Extra Components – “xx” denotes orifice diameter.
- #1K012-XX Membrane Support
- #1K015-XX Donor Chamber
- #1K016-XX Donor Chamber Cap
- #1KS02-XX Volatile Compound Donor Chamber